GRM provides year round property maintenance services which include high quality, commercial pressure washing services.
Is power washing in Calgary better than pressure washing?
There is often confusion around the terms “power washing” and “pressure washing,” and they are often used interchangeably. However, there are some key differences between the two. Power washing involves the use of high-pressure water along with heated water to remove dirt, grime, and stains from surfaces. On the other hand, pressure washing Calgary only uses high-pressure water to clean surfaces.
Whether power washing Calgary is better than pressure washing Calgary depends on the specific situation and job requirements. Power washing is generally more suited for larger jobs that require more force, while pressure washing Calgary is better for smaller jobs, such as cleaning decks and patios. Both services can remove dirt, debris, and other contaminants from hard surfaces. Discussing the job with a professional who can recommend the best service for the project may be beneficial.
What are the main benefits of power washing in Calgary?
Power washing Calgary offers many benefits:
- It can help improve a property’s curb appeal by removing dirt and grime from siding, decks, and parking lots.
- It can help to remove mold and mildew, which can be damaging to the structure and health of a property.
- It can help extend the property’s life by removing accumulated dirt and debris.
- It can help restore the colour of faded surfaces and leave them looking new.
- Finally, it can help to prevent the growth of bacteria and other microbes by removing organic matter from the surface of a property.
What should you not do when pressure washing in Calgary?
When pressure washing, safety is of utmost importance. It’s essential to understand the risks associated with the task and the potential for damage to property or harm to people. There are several things you should not do when pressure washing:
- Do not use too much pressure. High pressure can damage surfaces and cause them to become rough or uneven.
- Do not use hot water. Hot water can cause certain materials to expand and become damaged.
- Do not use harsh chemicals. These can be harmful to the environment and can also cause damage to the surfaces you are cleaning.
- Do not point the pressure washer directly at electrical outlets, windows, or other fragile surfaces.
- Do not use the pressure washer on surfaces not intended to be cleaned with high pressure. This includes surfaces like wood or drywall, which pressure can damage.
- Do not use the pressure washer on surfaces that have been recently painted or sealed. The high pressure can strip away the paint or sealant, causing damage to the surface.
- Do not use the pressure washer on surfaces that are not stable or secure. This can cause the surface to become unstable or dislodged, potentially causing injury or damage.
What surfaces can you power wash in Calgary?
You can use a power washer to clean various surfaces, including driveways, sidewalks, decks, patios, siding, and roofs. It is important to note that certain surfaces may require a lower pressure setting or specific cleaners to avoid damaging the surface. It is always recommended to test a small, inconspicuous area before proceeding with the entire cleaning to ensure that the pressure and cleaning agents will not cause any damage. It is also important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and use caution when operating the power washer.
Is it better to pressure wash with cold or hot water?
The temperature of the water used for pressure washing Calgary depends on the job. Cold water is usually used for softer surfaces such as wood, vinyl, and aluminum siding, while hot water is more suitable for hard surfaces like concrete and brick. Hot water helps break down dirt, grease, and grime, while cold water is more gentle on delicate surfaces. The temperature of the water used should also be determined by the type of cleaning solution used. Hot water is better for breaking down oil-based stains, while cold water is best for removing water-soluble stains.
How can I make my mall more attractive?
Power washing Calgary is a great way to keep your property looking its best and keep it safe from the growth of mold and mildew. However, it is important to use caution when power washing and to follow proper safety guidelines to avoid causing damage to surfaces or injuring yourself. If you are considering power washing Calgary, hiring a professional power washing company is a good idea to ensure that the job is done safely and effectively.